The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Song of the day

Today I went off and talked to my favorite farmers collecting about 15 yellow tomatoes for a Honeyed-Yellow Tomato Butter. Yeah I am not sure what it is either but it is in my handy canning recipe book and tomatoes are in season so I say, "Why not." I should bring Becky the farmer some if it is any good. I also picked up my super fresh eggs. Now you may be thinking I would pick a farming song and well you would be mostly right as of this very moment.

I know you are tapping your knee as you tap your foot. Green acres is the place for me.
Farm livin' is the life for me.

The true is I really wanted a different song to be the song of the day so if you would kindly stand up. Trust me your going to want to
I saw him dancin' there by the record machine
I knew he must a been about seventeen
The beat was goin' strong
Playin' my favorite song
An' I could tell it wouldn't be long
Till he was with me, yeah me
And I could tell it wouldn't be long
Till he was with me, yeah me, singin'

I love rock n' roll
So put another dime in the jukebox, baby
I love rock n' roll
So come and take your time and dance with me

Ow!

You know I am singing along. Be glad that you can't hear me.

I hope you are having a rockin day filled with love and laughter. Be well Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment