The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

16. what you're reading

Photo of the day for the month of May
Day 16 What you're reading.

Today's photo is of what you're reading. Believe it or not this one is the hardest for me. I am always reading at least one new cookbook as if it is a mystery or romance, I am constantly referencing The Well-Trained Mind to see what we need to be reading, I have religious books I look at when I have a minute, Poetry Books that are being opened at random, and then there are the books I am trying to follow through with before my classes start again. At our house reading is everything and everything is reading. So how am I to decide where to begin. So I decided my nightstand will have to do.

I think I really love how this picture turned out.

This is the first junk book (simply meaning for enjoyment only. We started calling these fun books junk when we couldn't get Damian to stop reading goosebumps. Like junk food once you start you can't stop. Oh man I should stop explaining.) I have read since I started college two years ago.

These are the books that I want to read more of. I have read the five love languages 3 times. It never hurts to remember that we each show love differently. The journey to God is about finding God in Christianity; Catholic, Protestant, and Orthodox leader coming together in this book. Now for the record friends I believe that God shows us where we are meant to be. So I believe in Christianity but I know that all religion is a reflection of God's everlasting love. There is no wrong way to Love. Mostly I like to read about the Mysteries of faith from all perspectives.


I hope that you are reading a great book and you day is filled with love and laughter. Be well my friends.

1 comment: