The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Homemade Marshmallows

It is official I am obsessed with Homemade treats. My latest treat conquered, marshmallows. I had a little help from joyofbaking.com when my first batch exploded a little because I was the pourer and trying to hold the running the hand mixer. If you do not have a Stand mixer please get someone to help you for about two minutes or you could end up with a very big mess on every surface in the kitchen. There were little spots of gooey jello, spots of hard candy drying, and a really weird mix of the two. My first batch of marshmallows still turned out tasting great. That is the trickiest part of the whole process. I promise.

Here we go

This picture is from my first try. I got the recipe from the book The Homemade Pantry Which you can find at amazon. It is a good book to have around.

 For my second try at making one third of a smore I used the Recipe from http://www.joyofbaking.com/candy/HomemadeMarshmallows.html
 Here is why
There is a very helpful video that goes step by step. Now you know my secret.

As you can see my husband was happy to help this time around.

He did his best to clean the bowl. This makes me smile. I recommend letting your loved ones help out so you can get these goofy pictures that will melt your heart.
Two Ziploc bags full of marshmallows

James is super happy about this.

These are incredible make some yummy clouds

Well I may have added mint to this batch for my coffee.

These sweethearts are graham crackers.

Then if you add a chocolate bar. . . Heaven.


I hope that you have a super sweet day filled with love and laughter. Be well my friends.









No comments:

Post a Comment