The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

5. bird

Photo Challenge of the Day for the Month of May

Day 5 Bird

How about a poem after all it is a picture of who I am.


Before there was you
I was a bird
In a cage
Beating my wings wildly
scared, hurting
You came
showing me the way
You led me out
let me fly
away, away

When I returned
you were waiting
like a mountain
unmoving
Again I flew
away, away

On my final return
I knew you were the rock
to build a foundation on

The foundation to the
rest of our life

You are the foundation
of my heart
I am the wings
of yours

Together we will stand a
lifetime

A lifetime filled with
Love


As I have told you before I love to write good or bad. I hope that I will get better with time.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend filled with love and laughter. Be well Friends.

4 comments: