The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Days like these.


Have you ever woken up and felt physically and mentally exhausted? Today that is me. Although both of my children did all of the school work with very little complaining. Which can feel like it is an achievement short of a miracle. My husband made a most wonderful breakfast of fried potatoes and omelets. This is not my specialty so it was really nice. So the final person on the list is me, I am once again the problem. I hate that when I am grumpy and I am the whole reason. It is storming but during the day rain and thunder do not bother me when I am safe in the house with my loved ones. Today is CSA pick up day normally I am excited to see what fresh veggies will be coming home with us. Today I might even get the first blackberries of the season. I am excited but tired. I am so blessed in my life that I often feel like it is selfish of me to be off for a day. Maybe I just need some quiet time to myself. Maybe that will help. What do you do when a bad mood strikes?

Today I started reading The Poems of Dylan Thomas and it has been feeling me up with words that I can shallow down and think about for later. Why did it take me so long to find Dylan Thomas? When his love of words are reflected in his work, and I can take them in and feel them mark my soul. Maybe it is just today they will hold power over me. Maybe when the sun makes a debut again his words will sink and become memory. Only time will tell but I want to share a poem with you.


Clown in the Moon


My tears are like the quiet drift
Of petals from some magic rose;
And all my grief flows from the rift
Of unremembered skies and snows.

I think, that if I touched the earth,
It would crumble;
It is so sad and beautiful,
So tremulously like a dream.

Dylan Thomas
I hope you are having a wonderful day filled with Love and Laughter. Be well my friends.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful poem! I might have to check him out!

    I hope you were able to shake your day, my friend. We are all entitled to off days, and no one is exempt. You are loved no matter what! Hope tomorrow brings you comfort and joy!

    ReplyDelete