The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Saturday, May 26, 2012

New thoughts on old ideas

I am sure you noticed that I stopped doing the photo of the day. I ran out of steam on day 23 which was technology, day 24 something new and so on. I just did not find the creativity in these days plus I miss updating about my garden, crafts, cooking and schooling. The picture of the day is fun but it gets to be a little overwhelming towards the end. So I think I will lay off trying to be so consistent  on one single topic. This month I have found my love all thing homemade including ketchup, and crackers. I have made two sets of matching hats and scarves with at least one more coming in the next week. I starting making a log cabin quilt for a dear friend's children (one is still cooking. So I am waiting to get the news on where to add pink or add monsters). Honestly I want to try and focus on me, me, me. Well on the things that I am interested in. I want to be able to give you new ideas to try out or just share my new ideas. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed taking pictures and I had some fun working on the picture of the day. I just feel like it is time to move on. I hope you will continue to read along on this crazy jumble of words and thoughts that I call life. I enjoy sharing the pieces of me with you friends.

Today I am planing a BBQ to celebrate Memorial Day hamburgers, macaroni salad / pasta salad, baked beans, grilled corn salad, and a blackberry cobbler. I am just waiting on some replies to my guests. I found some flavored water that sounds yummy, and just now I want a lemon drop martini in a mason jar. Summer is coming which is always exciting but now that I live near the sun (I mean south Texas) summer takes on a whole new meaning of heat. Fortunately for us the pool is finally open so we all will be getting more exercise by way of walking to and from the pool in the mornings.

Here are a couple of summer songs to get you in the mood.

What is better then John Travolta? Well as long as you don't read the tabloids . . .

Hello Kieth Urban. "We should be together. . . Singing along with the radio."

You know you love to slow down for a minute and slow dance with your partner or child.


I hope you are having a wonderful weekend filled with love, laughter, and music. Be well my friends.

1 comment:

  1. I had fun doing the photo challenge with you, and LOVED seeing all of your pictures. I will probably finish the challenge, but am looking forward to it being done. I have missed the freedom. I have totally missed your posts, too! I was so glad to see this one that includes accompanying music!

    ReplyDelete