The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

22. pink

Photo of the day for the month of May.

Day 22. Pink

I have a small confession. Last night the boys wanted to sleep with us and I always say there is always room in the bed. I love it when they want to be near us it is becoming a rare occasion with Damian. We have a queen sized bed so that we are forced to be next to each other no matter what. Mostly we can't stay mad at each other if we want to stay in the bed and so far we have only slept in separate rooms when the husband is out of town. Last night I realized how big both of my babies are. I would fall asleep and then wake up to hot, crowded, or just plain uncomfortable. I took my pillow out to the couch but I was to lazy to go to the other side of the house in the early morning hours to grab a blanket. So I would get cold, and go back to my bed and the cycle would begin all over. No room in the bed for mom. So it is safe to say that I got next to no sleep. It turns out I was not the only one who slept badly. The boys woke up cranky. Damian went back to bed and slept for another two hours. Me, well I have a lot to do so I have to skip the nap. Tonight is the last cub scout meeting and I need to make a dessert. I still have no idea what to make and the clock is ticking, ticking, and my eyes are so heavy. So when I went to take pictures of something pink I picked something really easy.

Here is the photos of the day:

With a house full of boys I had to go outside to find some pink.

This rose is called peppermint splash.

I hope that you take the time to smell some roses today and that your day is filled with love and laughter. Be well my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment