The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

12. something that makes you happy

Photo a day for the month of May

Day 12. Something that makes me happy.

I am happiest when I am writing so today you get another poem. So sorry... not really. But I love you for reading it any way

The rain is mumbling
falling, calling
Silencing the world beyond me
The rain is screaming
claiming the unrelenting earth
flooding, destroying
The earth is drinking
laughing enjoying
the gentle water caressing
The Earth is crying
plants are drowning
dieing
Now the rain is tormenting
The earth is filling
the battle is raging
Outside my window sill
darkness hides the blowing storm
I listen beneath my blankets
with my loves warm breath
caressing my neck
Tonight we are the world
tonight we are one
Thanks to the calling rain


I hope you have a wonderful day filled with Love and Laughter. Be well my friends.

1 comment:

  1. I am happy you wrote another poem! I really like this one. Thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts and words.

    ReplyDelete