The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

17. snack

Photo of the Day for the month of May

I can not believe we have made it this far. Today is the day of the snack. I had no clue what to take a picture of. After all I already did a whole post on Marshmallows. So I opened a trusty cookie cookbook and decided to make peanut butter cookies for an afternoon snack with a cold glass of milk of course. A close friend of mine has been raving about pickled eggs and telling me how much my boys would love this tasty snack. Cough, cough, I have my reservations but I went ahead and made a small jar of them to try out. If they are better then what I think they will be (personally I have always been kind of freaked out by the idea of pickled eggs. I mean really, eek. Which is funny because I love to put pickles and the pickle juice in egg salad. We will see.) I might be persuaded into making a bigger batch.

On to snack pictures kind of...
I love this scooper.

Makes my drop cookies all the same size

I used to make giant cookies but then there would be who got the biggest war.

Same sized cookies makes me happy

And you get a lot more out of a batch.

I have no shame at all really. Why do I need all of these pictures on here? I just like when I take a good picture of something and then it needs a home. So I hope you don't mind to much.

That is right I use my handy dandy coffee cup to squish.

Oh, right here are the pickled eggs with some homegrown jalapenos

Since my cookies are in the oven and they are basic peanut butter cookies these are almost snacks. It still counts right. Well I am off to help the kids with their daily school work and maybe get dressed.

I hope you have a sweet day filled with love and laughter. Be well my friends.

2 comments:

  1. Love ALL the pictures! I have always wanted to try pickled eggs. Let me know how they are! Oh, and your jar looks so beautiful with the peppers. I seriously just want to eat at your house! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome anytime! I think I am going to have the boys try the eggs out today.

      Delete