The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

19. a favourite place

Photo of the Day for the month of May
Day 19 is a favorite place.


What is my favorite place? I don't know. Here is why I am from a small town in Oregon and every time we go back home that is my favorite place. I love visiting Carter Lake. The Oregon coast, the cascade mountain range, the pine trees (which I used to think were nothing more than weeds), the smell of juniper, the horizon everything about Oregon is home to me. When I lived in England there was this road lined with trees that my husband and I would go out of our way to drive down at least once a month. England is a beautiful rainy country that I loved being able to explore and live. Paris France is one of my all time favorite cities. I still dream of the mussels and chocolate that I ate in Brugges Belgium. Panama City Florida is green and lovely on a river, creek, or spring. The white sandy beaches, the palm trees dancing in the wind, and the ocean filled with life, hope, understanding. The Rocky Mountain National park is one of the most scenic places I have ever had the pleasure to see. While you are standing on top of a mountain it is easy to know that God made that place. I love my house here in Texas, and my backyard. The truth is all of these places are shared with my husband, and my children. I think that without them these places lose the magic. So today I am staying close to home.
I love this place. Sometimes the kids and I pile on this couch and watch a movie for nap time, at the end of the night my husband and I cuddle up and watch a show together. Sometimes we have a family movie night with popcorn and everyone here together.

My kids art work. I let them tape it up and display their creations here.

For whatever reason Damian has started a Dinosaur wall.

He is getting pretty good at drawing these dinos. I love that he put random facts below each of the dinosaurs. We can all learn together.


I hope you get to spend some time today in your favorite place today and that it is filled with love and laughter. Be well my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written! I could seriously picture all those places as you described them!

    Your boys are wonderful artists! I love Damian's dinosaur wall! He is really talented!

    ReplyDelete