The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

6. you

Photo of the day for the Month of May

Day 6

A picture of you or rather me because well it is easier for me to take a self portrait than to get a wonderful picture of you.

Today I went out and tried to take a good picture of myself with the self timer button. Here is what I got . . .

So this is me, No I am not that grumpy.

Hey what do you do with your feet? Not this.

Looking down, with no expression, straight legs.

I like this one even if I am blurry. Well maybe because I am slightly blurry and because I remembered to suck in my jelly roll.


So this is me. As you can see I am a work in progress. Today I put on a necklace and the matching earrings that my brother's  awesome girlfriend made for me. She can be found http://www.etsy.com/shop/IndieKulture?ref=seller_info. She upcycles old bike tires and tubes and turns them into tubular jewelry. She is very talented and is she a mom trying to do something good for the environment. She gave me the poppy flower set because I really like them. She also makes belts, cuffs, and bracelets. Go on check out her Etsy store, I will wait.

 
Oops. Your back already? Now you know about this little secret. I watched the first season of The Glee Project. I may have voted for this young man because his name is Damian, and because he is Irish, and because he always stuck up for his friends and because he can sing. Why am I still talking... I really like this song made famous by the late Great Sammy Davis Jr. and it applies. Just be you. I gotta be me. We are perfect just the way we are and will blossom into who we are supposed to be in due time.

I hope you have a wonderful day filled with love and laughter. Be well my friends

2 comments:

  1. I love your wonderful pictures! I like the blurred effect on the last one. And that jewelry is awesome! Your such a beauty, my dear!

    Oh my goodness, that is Damian McGinty! He sings with Celtic Thunder! LOVE them!PBS plays them all the time, like they do Celtic Women. I love that kid (he is so good looking, like the other lads in the group!).

    http://www.celticthunder.ie/artists_old
    Though, I don't think he is on the current tour =(

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iP27eatYxE&list=UUq4vzPevJnCNy4h5xlzIblg&index=2&feature=plcp

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked up Damian McGinty and I think I even posted a Celtic Thunder song awhile ago. I think he officially left the group for Glee. I am not 100% sure on that. Personally I am hopping he comes back in Season four as a main character on Glee. Thanks for the compliment on my pictures.

    ReplyDelete