The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Friday, March 1, 2013

The third granny square

Hello Friends. I hope you are enjoying our crochet along granny square adventure. For March I decided to do a solid square. This way we can play with the appliques for both this month and the coming months . This square is easy to do but it does a little more time than the last two squares. It will be worth the extra work, I promise. If you have any questions or concerns about any part of the process please feel free to ask in the comments and I will answer as soon as I see the message. I really am happy to help. Also it is not to late to get started on the granny square blanket. Granny square project details, first granny square, and   The first two squares are super easy to and you will be able to catch up in no time. So here is the video for our third granny square.

I thought these little octopuses were cute. I have boys so I tend to gravitate towards boy stuff.
So I checked the March calender to see what was coming up and what do you know Saint Patrick's Day!
 
Also the first day of spring is on the 20th this month. So we have to have an easy flower to celebrate.
 You can make these bigger or smaller simply by changing your hook size. They are quick to work up and when you are finished you have a cute flower that you can make into a pin, hair clip, or add it to any project you are working on like a hat or maybe a granny square.
 
You do not have to make all of the appliques. I wanted to post a little something for everyone. If you do not like any of the appliques you do not have to make any of them. It is your blanket make it the way you like it. Do what will make you happy.
 
Here are my granny squares. I am really happy with how they turned out.
To be honest I love my multi purple square the most.


A simple flower that goes great on anything.

Well I added an extra leaf for luck.

Hello Octopus.
 
 All of the little appliques took less than twenty minutes to work up. They are easy to make and will make you look very clever to non-crocheters. Have fun. If you think of anything that you would like to see on here just let me know. I will see what I can do. To be honest as of right now youtube does not have appliques for a penguin or a TARDIS. I am working on my very first written pattern. I hope to share it with you when I get it perfected. Right now there are still a few kinks to work out.
 
I hope your day is filled with inspiration, love, and laughter. Be well my friend.


2 comments:

  1. Those. Are. Adorable!! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like them. I hope to see pictures of your finished projects.

      Delete