The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

March 9

9. Faceless self-portrait:


Pieces of me

Floating on battered wings

Beating a broken rhythm

of the drums

Hymns played on strings

I am waiting

Listening for the song to change

I live here

in the harmony

Happiness in the melody

The Chorus repeats

repeats

Lyrics from the heart

I am the verse

Unfinished

before the rest

Floating on broken wings

The pieces of me
 
Undertones
By Trisha Bartlett
 
I hope that your day is filled with inspiration, love, and laughter.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I thought you might like this one with all the musical references.

      Delete
    2. You know, I really did! I thought it was nicely done. I really do love the way you write. You should totally write a (second) book. Compile your poems and short writings. I would so buy it!

      Delete
    3. Maybe I will. I am glad that at least one person will buy it. lol. I do love poetry.

      Delete