The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

March 14

14 Tasty

Homemade Bicotti! Tasty
 
Well it would not be tasty with out a recipe!
 
Italian Biscotti
 
Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
3 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chapped nuts
1/2 tsp orange extract or orange zest
 
Directions
Cream butter, sugar, and eggs (add one at a time and beat well). Add other ingredients to creamed mixture. Stir in nuts and flavoring. Turn mixture onto board and knead until smooth. Shape into rolls 1 inch high and 3 inches wide. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cut into slices. Return to oven, cut sides up, and brown another 10 minutes, or longer if you like it crunchy like me. Your call both ways are wonderful!

I know that maybe one or two of you may be vegan so if you follow this link http://www.biscottilovers.com/veganalmondbiscotti.html you'll find a vegan version.

I hope your day is filled with inspiration, love, and laughter. Be well my friends.

2 comments:

  1. Yummmm! I am going to try this. Oh, I tried your hot chocolate! The BEST ever! Even Allen said it was the best he had ever had. Thank you for always sharing the most wonderful recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will enjoy this biscotti. You can make it as crunchy as you like. I am so glad to hear that your family loved the hot chocolate.

      Delete