The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Poetry Thursday

Today I wanted to surprise you with an original poem by me. Sorry no youtube video to accompany the poem. I am not that brave. Just a reminder the title is found after the poem.


I am a Sorrow filled song

Sung in low tones of brass

In a long held note of tears

Strings blend the sorrow

With the fears it feels alone

Then comes the harmony

Of a lone violin

It fills the space above

With Happiness

Shining brighter then the sun

Hope fills the air over

Mounting sorrow

Not forgotten still there

Simmering quietly waiting

For a sweet release

To cheer the air
 
The Sound of my Heart
 by Trisha Bartlett

I hope that your day is filled with inspiration, love, and laughter. Be well my friend.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Erin! I do believe you are my third biggest fan. Sorry Rob and Damian are slightly bigger fans of my work than you are but not by much.

      Delete