The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

30 random facts

1. The top reason I love my husband is because the other day I thanked for not making me feel like a fat slob. You know after having giant children this lady is 15 pounds heavier. He says, "I think you look the same."

2. Sometimes when I let the kids have a soda at the house I will make Popsicles so they will stop drinking it.

3. My husband washes dishes, but has never washed the floor.

4. My legs are super itchy and distracting.

5. I love Pens with blue ink.

6. I made the Dean's List.

7. I don't care about the Dean's List.

8. I am not sure what the dean's list is. Really I am on a list because I make good grades. . . Weird.

9. I never wanted to be on a teachers list. Because that would mean you were in trouble.

10. I used to think Roses were just a cliche.

11. Now I want them all around the garden.

12. I have 14 rose bushes.

13. I want more.

14. Roses are not my favorite flowers.

15. Daises are.

16. and Daffodils.

17. I hate matching socks.

18. I really hate carpet.

19. I don't have any daisies in the garden.

20. I have a new love of Poppies.

21. I have seed packets in my purse.

22. Watermelon, Quinoa, and Cucumber.

23. I like to buy random things so that Rob will plant them.

24. My husband can not tell me no.

25. Sometimes I will abuse this power.

26. Sometimes he likes it.

27. I do not like pranks.

28. Once when I was like 8-9 I got a box full of old shredded news paper for my birthday.

29. It was traumatizing.

30. That's me I am Finally 30!


My Birthday wish is for you to have a most wonderful day! Sing your favorite song into a hair brush, dance like you were fifteen again, smile brightly because it lights up the room you are in, and most of all that your day is filled with Love and Laughter. Be well my Friends.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on making the Dean's list. That is something to be proud of, my dear!

    Gerbera daisies are my favorite!

    I laughed so hard about the seed packets! I love that! You are so wonderful! =)

    I hope you had a great birthday, as glorious and awesome as you! May the next 30 years bring you love and happiness! May our friendship last twice that long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the birthday wishes. It turned out to be a perfect day to turn 30.

    ReplyDelete