The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Self Portrait Saturday

I stumbled across "Self Portrait Saturday" on another blog and I thought why not. Here is the link to a really lovely blog that started Self Portrait Saturday http://www.thewonderforest.com/.  The whole idea is to help women to be proud of who they are and step in front of the camera.

So this is me, no make up in the garden. I set up my camera on the BBQ grill and used the self timer and I would run over to my spot and suck in my tummy. Well this was the second clear picture I took so here I am. The truth is I actually like this picture and I don't mind the flaws. I am me. I always take better pictures when I am not trying. Trust me I am not always so photogenic especially if I am eating or talking. Really it gets terrible, most of the time I think it is funny. After I see a horrible picture I hide it. I can only look at it once. Heaven forbid it was on someone else's camera then I deny the tag on Facebook. Maybe one of these Saturdays I will give you a truly awful picture. That would be hilarious. Really if you can't laugh at your self who else can. I actually have long hair. I hide in a pony tail, or a clip off of my neck. It is already in the 90's here in south Texas. I like how it looks pulled back. I am hopping that I will be in better focus for future self portraits. I would link this with the other blogs like they asked but I have no idea how to add a link up thingy.

 I want to encourage you to step in front of your camera and be proud.

I hope that your Saturday is filled with Love and Laughter. Be well my friends.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this picture! You look so confident and determined! Absolutely beautiful!

    You sound like me with pictures! I see one and never look at it again! I admire your courage!

    ReplyDelete