The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Easy popcorn

I am sure I found the most important life changing tip from http://www.tipjunkie.com/. How to make your very own microwaveable popcorn. Although I am sure I saw it on her facebook page I could not find the how to do the popcorn to link up to. If I got this idea from somewhere else I am sorry I forgot. Like I said I am like totally almost sure. I want to share it with you.

This is what you need. A lunch bag of the small brown bag persuasion, 1/4 cup popcorn seeds, and a little piece of tape. Plus if your crafty and want to decorate your bags anything you need there.

Put the popcorn in the bag and fold down the edge to close the bag and tape it down. Put it in the microwave for about 2-4 minutes (it only take about 2 minutes 30 seconds in my microwave so do not walk away to do just one quick thing. It burns fast.)

It looks like this when it comes out of the microwave. Now is the perfect time to add the salt.

Then eat.

We make our own popcorn around here because it cost a dollar for a bag of popcorn that last forever (okay at most 6 weeks), and it tastes so good. This way of making popcorn makes it a healthy snack. Like I said if you decorated the bags a great treat or gift indeed. My family loves it. By the way I found the site I got this idea from http://www.bystephanielynn.com/2010/10/make-your-own-microwave-popcorn-packs.html. I still believe TipJunkie posted it on facebook. She did a whole camping theme that is wonderful if you like to decorate brown bags.  I hope you enjoy the popcorn.


I hope you have a wonderful family night planned with easy popcorn and that it is filled with Love and Laughter. Be well my friends.

3 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! Seriously, thank you for posting this. Cheap, I can control the portions, and season the way I want! Oh the possibilities.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the possibilities are endless. Fresh grated parmesan, with fresh parsley comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete