The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Beet update

Do you remember my beets from the other day? I finally got around to cooking them up into something sinful. Well they are good for you so they are not really sinful but they were so yummy.

First you have to cut them up and peel these babies. Too bad it looks like a terrible crime scene with all that dark red juice everywhere. oops.

I have a confession. My family is at boy scouts this evening. Dinner is waiting for them kind of. As you can see my fork. Shh. Fyi, That broccoli is from my garden too.

When something comes out of the oven that looks and smells wonderful I am guilty of eating straight out of the pan. It is hot and I burn myself every time but it is the best way to eat.

I promise not to eat out of the pan when you are coming over for dinner. I hope you are enjoying a lovely meal with some of your favorite people, and that it is filled with love and laughter. Be well my friends.


2 comments:

  1. I have never had a beet! These look amazing! I seriously need to try these! They are beautiful, well done! On growing them AND cooking them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband grows the food around here and I get to whip up dinner with homegrown ideas. It is a wonderful partnership.

    ReplyDelete