The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Menu plans

Alright so I love the idea behind menu plan Monday. If you must know we did not follow it at all. We got paid and ate out more than we should of. Rob and I sat down and decided on not eating out for the rest of summer. We have been costing by check to check and it is no longer working. We get paid and we eat out buy what ever is needed or wanted and soon there is nothing left until the next check. So we did a budget and made some hard decisions. The top being to make eating out a special occasion not a lazy outing because I don't feel like cooking. The second is beer, not that we drink a lot but we have been drinking more then we should so that is no longer in the budget. The truth is Damian is turning 7 next month and then Christmas quickly follows. We need to get ready for the holidays. So now for the meals. To make eating in and cooking every night easier on the chef (me) We have decided on Taco Tuesdays, Pizza Fridays, and Wednesdays are pasta or chili dishes. This leaves four days of elaborate cooking, my favorite kind of cooking. Before I was planning to many difficult meals and getting a little burned out cooking up to 4 hours a day. I know it is Wednesday a couple of days late on Monday Menu planning, still I am going to try this again on a abbreviated version.


Wednesday
Chili with cornbread

Thursday
Sweet potato Shepherd's pie

Friday
Pizza

Saturday
Pulled Pork and zucchini casserole

Sunday
Grilled kabobs

Wish me luck!

Prayer of the day.
O Lord, my God,

grant us your peace; already, indeed, you have made us rich in all things!

Give us that peace of being at rest,

that sabbath peace,

the peace which knows no end.



- St. Augustine


God is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment