The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Menu Plan Mondays?

So I follow a couple of blogs that have a menu plan Monday and I am considering doing one too. I like the idea of being able to see what meals I plan for in a daily slot. Right now I plan meals but it is more like a menu then we eat what sounds good that night. It is a flawed system that I often change at the last minute. I know it is Tuesday but I will go ahead and try it out for the rest of the week. It might be helpful to be more organized structured in the kitchen. Maybe I can do a follow up on how the food turned out, how I did overall, and if I will do it again.

Here is my menu for the week starting with yesterday


Monday
Homemade pizza topped with eggplant, spinach, and cheese
             This turned out wonderful!

Tuesday
Spaghetti Homemade sauce with store bought wheat pasta and home made bread.
I made the sauce yesterday for the pizza and then put the remaining eggplant in the sauce.

Wednesday
Baked Chicken with left over sauce, roasted beets, and sauteed spinach

Thursday
Sheperd's Pie

Friday
Jamie Oliver's Cornish Cowboy Pasties

Saturday
Grilled Lamb and beef kabobs with fresh veggies to be annouced.

Sunday
Pulled pork Sandwiches and sweet potato fries

I think that is a pretty good start. Amazingly enough it already feels good to know what is for dinner each day. Well I will let you know how it goes next week. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment