The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Secrets revealed

I had a secret that I kept to myself in hopes no one would find out. So why do I tell you about it? Easy my husband found out. I noticed a silver hair growing from my temple (I wish it was the first one) and as I was pulling it my husband walked in. Men, at least my man can be very insensitive. He wears glasses and and he saw the grey and said loudly, "Is that a Grey Hair?" I turned and just stared at him my secret was out all I could do was say, "I guess so." Then I saw another one, unthinkable two in one day. I was not the only one who saw it either. Damn. I really love my hair. I don't use heat to blow dry or curl, or a lot of products in my hair in order to keep it healthy. In fact I discovered the No 'poo (shampoo) movement and decided to give it a try to see if it was really all it was cracked up to be. I will do another post all about that later. So now I wash my hair with an all natural soap made with goats milk once a week. This is not part of the No 'Poo movement but there was a lovely family selling their homemade soaps at the flea market. Let me tell you I love to support  home school families so I bought 3 body soaps that smell divine, and one shampoo bar. The shampoo bar is going to last for awhile I think.


I love the smell of Balsam, it reminds me of home.


Now I find myself thinking how long before the greys take over? Will I have to die it to cover the silver? It really is a silly thing to worry about considering I have a whole plate of real worries, so maybe this grey hair is keeping my mind off the bigger things I have no control over.

I hope your Monday is filled with Love and Laughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment