The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

31 July Lessons learned

Lessons Learned July 31
  • Homemade Chocolate cake is the best kind of motivation for a 6 year boy to do all of his school work with out complaining.
  • Homemade Chocolate coconut frosting is a great motivation for a 3 year boy to play quietly with his "Wrinds" (Toys).
  • Boys can surprise you sometimes. I prepared for the great chocolate cake tornado and the boys did not mess a single morsel of cake not even on their sweet faces. It is serious business.
  • Just because you buy Cherry tomatoes from the Farmers markets doesn't mean they are going to be sweet.
  • Not eating out is a good habit to get into even if it is hard to make dinner every night.
  • My kids love Frittatas no matter what I put in the filling.
  • I love farm fresh eggs. The thick yoke and hard shells make me swoon a little.

The biggest lesson (even bigger then chocolate cake) came this morning when Damian came and whispered to his dad, "How many scoops of coffee do I use?" My husband got out of bed and went and showed him how to make a pot of coffee. I realized that God gave us these children to make us better people.


I almost forgot about Egg In the Hole. I am in love with them. I made them for the boys for breakfast earlier in the week and we all found our favorite breakfast. I am not the awake until my second cup of coffee in the morning so often I will put a pot of water on for hard boiled eggs with my first cup of coffee. It is easy and requires no thought. I discovered that makeing Egg in the hole is easier then hard boiled eggs and I can enjoy another favorite butter and toast. Yum!




I hope your day is Blessed with Love and Laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment