The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Friday, July 29, 2011

When in doubt

Make chocolate cake. Today the boys were running around like crazy little monkeys, swinging from their beds, making silly noises, and fighting over the best toy. Damian decided not to do school work. I decided I was to tired to argue and instead made Chocolate Cake. As soon as the cake came out of the oven, and was covered in Chocolate Coconut frosting the yelling, fighting monkeys turned in to sweet little boys. Damian got busy doing his school work and James settled down to play with his friends. Amazing Chocolate cake! I never knew the power it held. I know that soon very soon my sweet little boys will be telling me how good they have been all day for just a little piece of cake. I will have to post pictures of the carnage of the cake and the chocolate mess that they will become.

I am going to let them eat cake after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment