The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

24 July Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned this week.

Just because a book store is closing doesn't mean that they are giving away free books. Although the book store rush might take away the quiet ambience that you have grown to love. Also most people rushing to the book store for a good deal may not care about books, as I witnessed when one women gently stepped on a book on the floor next to my son.

I have a serious problem, really it is a full blown family addiction! Books, add the fact that our book store is closing and we have no idea where to find another bookstore and we buy $200 dollars worth of books. I just wish they were discounted down more then 10%. Here are my two new cookbooks. I can not wait to try them out!

Sometimes off the weekly menu can be fun and very delicious. This week I made Apple Cheddar muffins. It was the first time I had made this kind of bread and honestly I wish I had known about it all before.


I love these silicone muffin cups. They slide right off and leave perfect muffin lines.

Coffee is best when served in bed by a six year old boy, He is so careful and can not wait to make my coffee in the morning. I love how sweet and thoughtful he can be.

I love to walk into the quiet living room to find this...


Last but not least this week. Iced Peppermint Schnapps, with water and fresh mint and stevia from the garden helps cool you down in 100+ degrees.

I hope you have a Blessed week full of love and laughter.




No comments:

Post a Comment