The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

School

I am back in school which means I will be very busy for the next eight weeks reading and writing for a grade. I will try to stay on top of my blog but I think I might have to drop recipe Tuesday's maybe not we will see how it goes once I get back into the swing of things. I do want to take a moment to thank you for reading my ramblings and meal plans. I know that they are not always interesting or inspired. I try but you know I am flawed and I am trying to be more open and available in my writing. You are helping me become a better writer.

You see I found my love of reading when I was four and read Bears on Wheels by Dr. Seuss all by myself. Seeing the words take shape and form a story was thrilling to me. When I was in first grade I got sick, really sick, first I had pneumonia. My lungs filled with fluid so badly that the Dr. said a week longer and I would have drowned to death from it. I was admitted to the hospital and got to stay in an oxygen tent. I was alone (at least I felt very alone) so I spent a lot of time with books and puzzles. Then after I got out of the hospital my sinuses crystallized and I got to go back. So I repeated first grade.

By the time I made it to second I had discovered the art of writing stories. It wasn't until I was in sixth grade that someone told me I had a talent for it. I knew I loved to write and for the first time someone told me I was good at something. At the end of my eighth grade year I got a scholarship to Lewis and Clark College for a summer writing course. I did not get to go because my mom said that she couldn't afford the room and board. I was heart broken. I believe many other things about this issue but for sake of fairness I can not go back and change it so it is not really worth being ugly over it now.

Writing became the fabric of who I am. I am happiest when I am writing a story or poetry or creating. I want to become a novelist. Or at the very least a free lance writer. I have many hurdles, mostly mental ones that I need to get over. So I am back in school working on an English Degree. I mostly enjoy the literature classes and I like to learn new things. I know every paper I write I am getting stronger. Every blog post I write I grow.

Thank you for reading and being there for me through the good, the bad, and the ugly. I hope that you have a wonderful day filled with love and laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment