The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Five question Friday

Friday, September 9, 2011

I saw this on another blog and I thought it could be fun or at the very least interesting. Join in if you need an idea of what to write on your blog. I can use all the help I can get sometimes. School started for me this week so I have been busy reading about forestry, and reading the Iliad. Believe it or not I thought forestry would be a fun class to fill my science requirement and I hope my love of trees helps me through it. My literature class is a sixteen week course on World Literature through the renaissance which is required luckily I love literature even if trying to read the Iliad in a week is going to keep me very, very busy.  Well let's get started on these questions.


1. What ringtone do you have on your cell phone?

My general ringtone for everyone is Katy Perry's "Firework". I love hearing it go off and it always makes me smile regardless of who is calling. The ringtone for my husband is Etta James' "At Last", it is broken and I really need to change it or download a better copy.


2. What is your favorite memory from this summer?

Our trip to Panama City made some pretty good memories. I think taking the kids to the pool and find ourselves alone for over two hours was a lot of fun.


3. Paper books or ebooks?
I love paper books! I may never convert willingly.

4. If you could have one home upgrade what would it be and why?
I love our home and I would love a new stove and refrigerator that works properly. Really the biggest upgrade on our list of upgrades is our back porch. We have a cement slab that is cracking and moving away from the house. So we want to put in a nice deck with a pergola so that we will have some helpful shade in the summer. We are working hard on planting an edible garden so my husband is researching edible trees that grow here and that wish list is longer then the space we have to plant trees. We will see what happens.

5. When was your first serious boyfriend/girlfriend?

This is an odd question. I do not want to discredit any boyfriends I had in the past but My husband was the first man that I ever wanted to spend my life with. Before him I never had a relationship last longer then two months. At the time I didn't care and that was who I wanted to be, unattached. I sometimes wish that my husband had been my first boyfriend back when I was sixteen. The truth is that everyone before helped me to be ready and open to the rest of my life.

I hope your week is filled with love and laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment