The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Lessons Learned September 4

Lessons learned a weekly debrief
September 4

This week has been a week of big days and memories. Damian turned the big seven so we celebrated with his favorite restaurant Red Robin.

Damian lost another tooth, one of his front top teeth. With any luck he'll be singing "All I want for Christmas is my Two Front teeth. What fun that would be!

I love spending twenty minutes working with James on his "school work". He is so funny I am guaranteed at least one laugh in the morning.

Damian's homeschool schedule seems to be less then ideal. He is struggling, so I am rethinking this years plan. He is smart so his struggle is one of motivation.

Cub Scouts sell ridiculously priced popcorn most of them are $20 a bag. I think it is going to be a hard sell. Those girl scouts have it easy with their super yummy cookies.

This week I made a yummy vegetarian meal Mushroom and Pablano Enchilada's, they made me miss tofu. It has been awhile but I love when an old favorite surprises me all over again.

I was reading an article about going Vegan/Vegetarian (not to worry I love cheese and butter to much to go vegan) and it said that most family have 8 or 9 go to recipes! That is crazy low, or maybe I am a little more unique in the kitchen department then I thought.

I missed meal plan Monday. Really, but I am ready for next week's menu and recipe Tuesday.

My classes start tomorrow beginning a new college school year, I am nervous, and scared. Maybe I will never feel prepared for what is to come. I still believe my education will be worth the effort. I am looking forward to being finished and a college graduate.



I hope that your week is filled with Love, Laughter, and glorious lessons found in the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment