The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Lessons learned September 11

Lessons Learned September 11

If you need to thaw chorizo for dinner put in the refrigerator over night. Do not wait until an hour before you need to start cooking to dehttp://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=4359129896002864777#editor/target=post;postID=1502497733357205907frost it. If you put it in the microwave to defrost let it cool down before you open it. If you are like me singing along to the radio and take a knife to the package over the pan you will learn one lesson the hard way. It will explode! Really like a huge chorizo bomb went off in my kitchen. It was on every wall, counter surface, and flooring in a fifty foot radius. The dog well he thought it was a celebration thrown in his honor. Thanks for helping me to clean the mess Chaz!

My discussion board post on living in Texas (forestry class) caused several people to tell how they could never live here. Truthfully I wouldn't chose to live here during the driest, hottest year on record but there is good everywhere. Here it is the history that goes back hundreds of years. The Alamo ring a bell?

Trying to read the .Iliad in a week is almost physically painful, especially when the entire text is online. Why did I think it would be a good thing to save money on text books again?

I started reading a very funny interesting book and found it hard to put it down until I realized that I needed to read three chapters in my science book and six more books in the Iliad by Wednesday. Oh my.

My kids are most imaginative when I am studying and they don't want to do "school work". Today they went on an adventure to a monstrous cave in search of Medusa armed only with the knowledge of her terrible powers. It counts as educational right?

I miss the rain. I know it is not a new lesson but it is one that gets stronger the further away I get from water falling from the sky. It seems like a dream. We have only had 6.4 inches of rain here since January, according to the forecast it is going to be hot and sunny, bright and sunny, Sunny with partial clouds, did I mention hot? Because it is going be in the low 100's all week, yeah it is the middle of September.  I miss wool socks and sweaters.

Despite the never ending heat we have managed to convince ourselves that soon it will cool to a lovely temperature someday.

I hope that your week is blessed with love and laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment