The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Friday, January 11, 2013

Grateful Friday

Well I just like to randomly name the days of the week with great ideas which I tend to get sidetracked and forget to continue posting said ideas on the days of the week. Why, well I get busy, sidetracked, lazy, and or lose interest. Recipe Tuesday, I totally love, should make a comeback. I do cook everyday but I do not always make new interesting things. Maybe it should not matter. I declare the resurrection of Recipe Tuesdays, maybe. We will see. Poetry Thursdays, how I love those sweet days, I have piled my plate so high full of plans and details it is sometimes hard to be extra creative, plus look something shiny. . .

What I learned Sundays. I did not stop learning and I love what I learned Sunday. A whole week of interesting things and the not so interesting things that I learned throughout the week posted on Sunday. Then you learn a few things about me in the details, I watch too much T.V. I like to find out what happens before I get to the end. I like spoilers. I am a geek, I love my children, I love my husband, and I love our garden. Then there is that whole college thing, sometimes I love college classes and sometimes I find it a tedious waste of time. I just want to be educated on the things I want to be educated about. What? Good news is that I am nearly finished with my general requirements (i.e. mildly interesting classes colleges make you take for the sake of knowledge or money). I will soon be able to start on my literature classes. You just learned that I like to get all the uninteresting classes out of the way, or that I am just going straight down my list of academic requirements. Either could be true.     

Meal plan Mondays. Actually I lost interest in this one because sometimes in the middle of the week I ask myself what I was thinking and make a off menu change. Well this happens a lot! I am sure I have named other days but I have forgotten so they do not get a mention. I think sometimes in an effort to stay focused I name things, sometimes I love an idea and want to keep it up, and sometimes I am just random.
So back to the title of the post Grateful Fridays. Being Grateful Cultivates Joy. I read that today and it gave me pause. If being grateful cultivates joy maybe it is time for me to be more grateful in order to becomes more joyous. Maybe the key to conquering the winter blues is simply to be grateful for the details. Although to be honest right now the boys are fighting and crying and not being happy. Sometimes it is hard to be joyous but I am ever so grateful to have those boys in my life. Funny story when I was a teenager I wrote in a journal. For some reason I was always thanking God for boys. So God repaid the favor with a house full of boys. True story.
I am grateful to my husband. He is wonderful and is my missing puzzle piece. I am so happy that he chose me and still loves me. He encourages me to be better and points out my flaws when necessary (I love it because I can get wrapped up in myself and frankly sometimes I need to be reminded that I can be better). He is there when I need him. I am so grateful that he is mine.
We recently got some new puppies. They are cuddly and always want to be near me. Considering my husband seems to be an animal whisperer I am grateful for their warm little bodies in my lap and next to me. It helps that they are 7 and 5 pounds and they will not outgrow me.
I am grateful for my health and the health of our family. I am grateful that we are able to support the local farmers around us. I am grateful that we can feed the children a healthy diet.
I am grateful for family time. I am grateful that I get the privilege to stay home with my children, and I get to home school them. I am grateful to have a house, and electricity. I am grateful to live in Texas for such a long period of time (at least five years). I am also very thankful for you my friends. Thank you for reading, thank you for your support. Thank you for being you.
I am happy and I am joyous.

 

I hope that you are able to find the joy today and that it is filled with love and laughter. Be well my Friends

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful for you, my friend. You are inspiring and true. Hope this day makes a comeback.

    ReplyDelete