The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What I am reading on the side. . .

I have been reading The One Year Praying the Promises of God. It is one bible verse and prayer a day. I do not always read it but last night I picked it up and this is the verse that I found waiting for me.


So do not be afraid of them, for there is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. 27 What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. 28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care.[b] 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
Matthew 10:26-31

Okay I added to the original verse in the book because I felt like the the first part of the verse was just as important as the last part. Do not be afraid.

Do not be afraid.

You are worth more than many sparrows.

You are not alone, You are loved, You are God's child.

I worry about the person I am all the time, I worry and doubt myself in everything I do. I am flawed and ridiculous and confused. I am also great too. I love with all that I have, I am grateful (most of the time), I am kind, and I love to learn new things. I want to be here to support you in your time of need, and laugh at your jokes over coffee. Sometimes it is good to be reminded that we are loved beyond what we think we are worth, that God made us down to every hair on our head. So today for this moment know that you are loved completely with out limits. Let's give our worries to God and find the peace he wants us to have, just for a moment in time. You are perfect and wonderful all of the time.

I hope your day is filled with Love and Laughter. Be well my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment