The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Poetry Thursday

Today I bring you William Shakespeare - Sonnet 130 read by Alan Rickman. This is one of my favorite sonnets by William Shakespeare. I love the idea that love is special and wonderful dispite flaws that we all have. Plus with Alan Rickman reading the poem I can imagine Severus Snape confessing his love to Lily.

I love Alan Rickman's voice. All love is rare.

SONNET 130

By William Shakespeare

My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun;
Coral is far more red than her lips' red;
If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun;
If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head.
I have seen roses damask'd, red and white,
But no such roses see I in her cheeks;
And in some perfumes is there more delight
Than in the breath that from my mistress reeks.
I love to hear her speak, yet well I know
That music hath a far more pleasing sound;
I grant I never saw a goddess go;
My mistress, when she walks, treads on the ground:
And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare
As any she belied with false compare.


I hope your day is filled with love and laughter. Be well my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment