The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Music and musings


I am officially on a much needed break from school. I let out a huge sigh of relief. Then I start planning projects and books to read. So far I am planning to finish my dress that I started last year (I just need to hem the bottom), make a pair of Pajamas for Damian (they were for Christmas), make everything in my Craftsy Sewing with knits: 5 Wardrobe Essentials (a fleece hoodie which I have fabric for, scoop-neck T-shirt, V-neck T-shirt, yoga shorts, Surplice dress) finish a painting with the boys, work on my crochet squares, finish crochet shrug, and maybe one other thing. Do I have a lot on my platter? Well yes. Why not! These are things I have been putting off and I love to do.  If I do not finish this list this month well I can slow down and work on them later too. I have a secret weapon, lent. As a family we are giving up T.V. for lent. That should free up loads of time. I am really glad to have a reason to step away from all the shows I love and watch. Here is the link to the Craftsy class http://www.craftsy.com/class/sewing-with-knits/114. They have a lot of really wonderful classes here http://www.craftsy.com/classes. Craftsy is really good at putting the classes on sale from time to time.
Now let's move on to a couple of songs. The first one I discovered from a friend of mine (you know who you are). I hope you enjoy the music today.
 
Confession I love this next band. I just discovered them this week.
They have cool hair!
This song and the video do not really go together But I love it.
I love 70's music so it is not a surprise that I am head over heals for this band!
Flashback
This is one of my favorite songs! I may have been born in the wrong decade! Or maybe I was in this decade in a past life? I could have been a groupie. Crazy times man. So anytime I picture myself in a past life I am always a woman never a man, or animal. I could have been an ant at some point. Also I can not imagine being someone important at any other time. A poor peasant yes, a slave sure, A struggling artist that never finds her way, definitely, a poet Always. A dreamer dreams.

I hope that your day is filled with love and laughter. Be well my friends.

2 comments:

  1. Who, me? WONDERFUL song!! I listen to it over and over. *sigh* Love it!

    ReplyDelete