The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Friday, March 23, 2012

Wonky with good intentions


As promised this post is all about my homemade skirt which I am calling Wonky with good intentions. To be honest it is really comfortable even if I need to take lesson just to be able to read the pattern. Really I mentioned that I had no idea what interfacing was to a friend of mine and she kindly told me about a white material you line clothes with. That is good to know after the fact. I think I am totally addicted to my sewing machine and making my own wonky clothes.  For the record Wonky is a British word that means slightly skewed. Really this word is a word that describes me the best.  Before you look at the pictures of me in the skirt I must warn you my husband has no picture taking skills. He literally points and shots without looking (I love him anyway).
It is a blue skirt with the solar system at the bottom.

Buying patterns for clothes are slight depressing. This skirt pattern is a size 18 minus about two inches. It makes me want to lose at least ten pounds.

Funny story my husband does not want me to lose anymore weight because he likes the T and the A. Too much information? I am so sorry I was trying to distract you from the pictures. I need to brush my hair and work on wearing make-up (I haven't since I was 18 so I am not going to start now. Except for professional pictures that I pay for. Really I have to look at those family pictures everyday.).


Be prepared I also made some very special tote bags that I want to share with you but they are gifts so I have to wait to surprise the receivers. Although I have a lot to learn look forward to more randomly created outfits for this one of a kind girl. Is there anything you want to try to make or do? I want to encourage you to just dive in and see what happens next. You may surprise yourself at how awesome you are. Sometimes the bravest thing you can do is to follow your own heart. Following your heart allows you to grow into the person you were meant to be.  I am still testing the water and looking for who I am meant to be, of course I take the scenic route which happens to be the long road with a pretty name. I am glad you visit me from time to time while I am discovering life.

I hope that your week brings a new happy discovery, that it is filled with Love and Laughter. Be well my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment