The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Song of the day

Last night my husband heard some interesting news that was eye opening and disheartening. Have you ever gotten news about someone that changed the way you thought of them or shattered an illusion? It happens to me more often then I care to admit. Maybe I am too hopeful, maybe I am too naive, and maybe I want to believe that people are good. To be frank I want to believe that the people that I love and have let in my life are honest, good, kind people. I love them after all. If I could I would wrap them in light and deliver them from trouble but I am just a girl with a big heart. Tomorrow I will wake up and all will be right within my world again. This may sound weird (no weirder than most things I say) but the truth is I want to be a light, a beacon of hope for the people around me. I know I am flawed and that I have a long way to go. I can not stop trying or I might lose who I want to be. This song has been playing in my head all morning. Today it suits my mood, and mirrors my own thoughts.



Today my heart is heavy. If you pray friends say a little prayer for me please. For now I will try and remember:

Psalm 118:24

This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.


I hope your week is truly blessed with Love and Laughter. Be well my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment