The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Super power

I have decided that I have a super power. What is it you ask? Well I am too dumb to quit when I am in over my head. For example I don't always read straight through recipes and when it starts to seem a little off I improvise and it usually turns out better than it might have been. I started college to encourage my sister in law to go back to school (she is four months younger than I am. If I can do anyone can). I am finishing up my freshman year and starting my Sophomore year (Sounds better than if I told you that it is my third year I am starting. Yeah, I will be graduating in 2018-2020). When I was 19 I got married (to a really incredible guy, best decision I ever made) and we are still married. I decided teach myself how to drive at 18 (Lucky for everyone I got better). I also wanted to sew (and sew I did on a very bad machine with no knowledge of how it was supposed to work). This leads me to my new wonderfully horrible idea, I am going to make my own clothes. I started with a skirt (let me tell you guessing your ways through reading a pattern can give you a major headache.), I do not know how to read a pattern so with a little imagination and a little help from youtube it is almost finished. Why yes I will take a picture of it when it is finished.

My super power is maybe less about being too dumb to quit and more about following a dream, or being determined to finish what I start. I think it is funnier to say my super power is being to dumb to quit. Do you have a super power? I bet you do, and I am willing to bet it is really wonderful. Sometimes I wish my super power was a little more OCD so that the house would stay clean. Yes, if you are a wonderful house keeper than it is a super power. We all have something special to offer the world, and we all should be proud of who we are. Yes Friend that means you too.

I hope you embrace your super power and that your week is filled with Love and Laughter. Be well my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment