The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Recipe

Yesterday I posted a very lovely recipe but I forgot to take pictures. So today I will introduce you to the worlds best snack food.

Skinny Texas Cheese Fries

I found this recipe on Pintrest and you can find it here too http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/03/skinny-texas-cheese-fries.html.

Ingredients:

  • 2 medium potatoes (2/3 lb total), yukon gold or russet, washed and dried (skin on)
  • 2 tsp olive oil I used vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1/4 tsp chili powder
  • 1/4 tsp onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/8 tsp cumin
  • coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper
  • 1 slice center cut bacon, cooked & finely chopped I left the bacon off for a vegetarian treat.
  • 1/3 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 tbsp diced scallions
  • 1 tbsp sliced pickled Jalapeno (jarred on canned) I used fresh peppers 

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400°. Line baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up. Lightly coat with cooking spray.

Cut each potato lengthwise into 1/4 inch thin slices; then cut each slice into 1/4 inch fries.
In a large bowl, combine cut potatoes and oil; toss well. Add seasoning (paprika to salt and pepper). Toss to coat.
Place potatoes in a single layer on a lightly greased large baking sheet. Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes or until tender crisp, turning once half way through (depending on thickness this may require more or less time).

Remove from oven, place fries into two small oven safe dishes (or one large dish for sharing), top with cheddar cheese, sliced jalapenos, scallions and bacon bits and return to oven for about 2 minutes, or until the cheese melts. I couldn't wait for the cheese to melt. It was really wonderful. If you need the nurtitional information she lists it on her website. Thanks skinnytaste.com!

Please visit http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/09/low-fat-buttermilk-ranch-dressing.html for a really delicious low fat buttermilk ranch recipe to serve with these yummy fries. Remember everything taste better when it is homemade. Enjoy!

I hope your day is filled with Love and Laughter. Be well my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment