The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mini Garden update

My yard looks like a meadow and I love it. The "weeds" are flowering, the grass is wild, and there are bugs living in it. I know it is not typical suburban beauty but it is just how I like it. Today for the garden up date is just an over view of the yard. I did not include the right side of the house where I am working on a rose garden and where three of our figs live. Not to worry it will come back around soon. We have company coming so the lawn will be mowed and the garden will be straightened out (meaning pulling out the flowering salad greens and putting in the summer crops) so that it appears to be perfectly happy and ordered. When we have company coming we clean up our act a bit. You know spend a couple of days spring cleaning and getting ready to impress any and all who chose to visit our lovely home. Hopefully we will keep it clean following the deep cleanse. I am getting off topic here is to my meadow in it's last days being free.

This is the view from my back porch. I love it! My husband and I sit out on the back porch at night with a bottle of wine (sometimes) and just enjoy this peaceful setting.

This is also a view from my back porch. Interesting fact about the trees with the yellow flowers. In Paris they use the flowers as a base to most perfumes. They have a lovely sent that at night is really wonderful. Rob told what they were called but I can not pull it out of my brain right this second.

This is looking into our vegetable garden area on the left side of the house. We are hoping that all these trees will block the view of the neighbors.

This is the Pecan Tree. I love how the leaves seem to be floating green clouds.

This is the Pakistan Mulberry tree.

Do you remember this Chocolate Persimmon? It has grown branches that are over a foot in length. It is truly amazing.

This is the Black Mulberry Tree. It is supposed to be the fastest growing fruit tree. We are watching it.

This is some kind of squash, peas, corn, and salad greens.

A view from the inside of the vegetable garden.. These baby Vegetables are mostly tomatoes, and peppers.

We are working on adding a path in between the garden beds. We are going to collect seeds from the flowering plants for next year. 

We wanted a giant head of Broccoli, so we waited for it to keep growing. What we got are yellow flowers. The lesson here is to pick the broccoli when it looks edible.

I feel like I should warn you. My husband is going to take a video of the whole garden and I am going to post it for you to see. I thought it would be easier then three or four complete updates on what's growing on.


I hope that your garden is showing signs of spring and that your day is filled with Love and Laughter. Be well my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment