The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Unsaid

I wonder why women don't talk about all the things that we leave unsaid. We are supposed to be the more nurturing, caring of the two sexes but often we are are the ones who are the most judgmental. We are guilty of worrying over every minute detail and guilty of worrying over all that we are failing at while we do one thing right. We can not take the good because we are worried about all that we can't do. When the days are darkest women are the ones who close up and lose the strength to admit failure. We all struggle but are afraid to show our weaknesses. There is a conversation that we should have but we are to afraid of ridicule. I know I have many days and many thoughts that are left without a voice.  I wonder how many other woman do not voice their fears, or speak more cheerily about what is going on. We are not perfect but we all want each other to believe that we are. I have opened up and asked, "Does this happen to you?". Often the response is silence or worse no never. I quickly let the subject go. I can not be the only one who doesn't know what to do. I can not be the only one who feels lost. Why can't we let the guard down and say, "It is sometimes hard for me too. You are not alone." Instead I am left feeling like less, like I am failing. I wonder am I guilty of making someone else feel that their worries, or fears are theirs alone?

From me to you; You are not alone. We all are secretly struggling at one time or another. We are in this together. If I ever make you feel like you are less than what you are call me out. I am not perfect. In fact I am so far removed from perfect it is not even a relative. I only know what I have lived, and I often mean well. If I don't come off that way ask me about it. I will explain to the best of my abilities. You are worth more than what you feel that you are, you are doing better than you think you are, and everyone whether they admit to it or not has the same kind of doubts.

No comments:

Post a Comment