The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 15: A picture of something you want to do before you die.

Day 15: A picture of something you want to do before you die.
 I want to travel the world before I die. There is so much to see and do out in the world that I just want to go and experience it with my family. Maybe one day I could be a travel writer, or at least have a wealth of information for characters to do and say and live. 
Besides traveling I want to write a nonfiction book or two before I die. I have the stories playing in my mind, the characters voices whispering to me night and day. Pictures of my dreams waiting to be written. My problem is insecurities, am I able to finish a book, am I good enough, can I? I have been told that I bring a story to life, I know hard to believe reading all this other boring stuff. My talent is not writing about myself that is a whole other problem, dating back to when I was a teenager writing a journal. That is another post, for another day. . . You know it came up so I will tell you. How many people read this anyway? When I was a teenager I wrote in a journal all the things I felt. Keep in mind I was a very depressed girl, I had less than bad self esteem. I started my journals in middle school and signed every entry with may I rest in peace. My mother found it and I got into a lot of trouble for writing that she loved my sister more than me. It wasn't even that I was so lost but only that I wrote it where other people might see it at all. So I stopped writing about myself and started really writing non fiction coded stories that I got into more trouble for. I think even through I was a very good writer, I know because I won a scholarship for a summer writing course  when I was 14. I didn't get to go because we couldn't afford room and board. Sometimes I think that my mother did not want me, us to succeed. She had to drop out of high school her senior year because of a pregnancy, me. I think that over shadowed my siblings and I, as non of us graduated from high school. We all went on to get a GED or equivalent after we moved out of our mothers house. I think we, well I can only speak of myself; I was left with the idea that I was not good enough, or smart enough to succeed in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment