The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Friday, April 1, 2011

It's a fools Birthday

My birthday. Please hold your applause. Every year on my birthday I wake up and wonder who will remember me today. To my surprise I already had text messages from facebook friends(of course facebook reminds people), I had text messages and even an email from friends. Why the wonder, well growing up my mother never celbrated my birthday on my birthday. Not once. Then after I left the nest she has never bothered to call to say Happy Birthday. I have a complex and I dread the disappointment that waits for me on my birthday. When Damian got up he gave me a homemade card to wish me a happy birthday and a big hug. James gave me a kiss and told me he is hungy. I wonder what the day will bring. I need to take a math test so I don't have to do it this weekend, and make Damian do various forms of schoolwork. It is a new day, but the same as the other days. I feel no different, no older, or wiser. In fact I feel slightly unnerved by my general lack of information especially now that I am in college, a bit disappointed because I have stopped losing weight after 9 pounds two months ago, and  a little stuck since Rob took the car today and I have no desire to brush up on my manual driving skills to use his truck. As for older well I still like a girl, although I am a woman with children and wrinkles. I just wish the lower half of my body would start to shrink so that I could pretend to look like I feel.

Today is a song, a blessing from above, a gift and not just for me. So for my birthday all I ask is that each of you have a beautiful day, kick up your heels, dance, eat, drink and be merry. GO out for one night and make a fool out of your self, laugh and think of me. Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment