The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 16: A picture of someone who inspires you.

Day 16: A picture of someone who inspires you.

Inspiration is a funny thing. There is no one person who inspires me but many people. I have meet people who shape inspires creation of a character, some people inspire me to try and be become better person, some people inspire me with their determination.

My friend Jessie is amazing. She is the strongest woman I have ever met. She has been the foundation of her family through her whole marriage. She buckles down when things gets tough and she does what she has to do in order for her family to run smoothly. She does all of that with a wink and a smile. She doesn't take crap from anyone. 

I have another friend Katie who inspired me to get out and be more open to new people. She helped me the most in overcoming my shyness. She pushed me to join meet-up groups. She also inspired a Greek Goddess in my mind. She has a dark olive skin, black straight hair, and the way she holds her self is simply regal.

Amanda inspired me to do this blog. She is so open and honest that it is amazing. She has a big heart and her beauty shines through everything she does. Now if only she could see that and wear it proudly.

I am inspired by most people that I know. There is a reason that we are friends and just because I did not list them all doesn't mean that they inspire me less or that they mean less to me. Let me tell you I had planned on listing many more but James is freaking out. Crying and asking where his underwear is, he took them off to use the toilet. He is demanding to talk about dinner (breakfast). My children do inspire me to be a better person and to give them a better life than what I had. Sometimes they do drive me a little crazy, but I love them with my whole being! I would not change my life for anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment