The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 25: A picture of your day.

Day 25: A picture of your day.


My day starts with my cell phone alarm singing Good Morning at 6:30. Where I stumble out of bed and into the living room to dismiss it. I am up so I start my tea kettle and decide what kind of tea I want. I take my hot tea over to my desk and turn on the computer. First I check Facebook (I have an addiction) and then I start school work. I usually get a couple of hours of school work before the boys wake up. James usually demands breakfast as soon as he rounds the corner and sees me. So I make breakfast, normally it is cereal or oatmeal  but today I decided to make eggs and fake sausage (I gave up meat for lent and so did they). We have breakfast together and I do dishes. Back to school work for both myself and Damian. Since my classes are back in I have to nag Damian to get it done. James plays with his dinosaurs on the floor. Then when James comes and tells me he is stuffed (hungry) at about 11:30 we make lunch. I water the garden and wonder around outside for a little while. Then I clean up a little for about an hour, do my two miles on the treadmill. I have been trying to run at 7 miles an hour by walking 5 minutes running for 2 minutes. My hip hurts at 7 miles an hour so I have decided to stay at 6 miles an hour and build up to running for 30 minutes at a time. My show the talk comes on and we all pile on the couch to watch it. Followed by our afternoon nap. Then we clean up a little more, nag Damian to read and practice the piano. Then I work on dinner and send the kids out side to play. Dinner usually takes me at least an hour to make, often it can take up to two hours of cooking, chopping, stirring, and tasting. Then I serve dinner. We get up to the table say a prayer and we talk to each other until dinner is over. I do a load of dishes while the boys take a bath. Then boys and I pile on the couch and watch Netflix for a little while before we go to bed. Most days are like this. Sometimes we go out to meet up with some people. It's our life and it is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment