The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 24: A picture of something you wish you could change.

Day 24: A picture of something you wish you could change.
 This is a picture of my brother, sister, and I. When we were growing up we were all very close. After I got kicked out of the house when I turned 18, I chose not to talk to my mother for a year. I was angry and very hurt. Of course my siblings were left with my mother who talked bad about me the whole time. Not that they turned against me but after I began to talk to my mother I got to have them in my life again. I got married and moved far away. I am missing their life. They both have kids now. My sister has two that I barely know, my brother just had his first one last month. My sister has been married, divorced, and married again. My brother is in a serious relationship that might turn to marriage if they are not to careful. They love each other and they didn't want to get married because of a baby. We'll see. What I would change is that the distance between us sometimes makes us strangers. I also have another brother who was a year old when I left the house. I don't know him at all. He is 12 this year and I have some pictures of him. I would change our relationship to bring us closer. I want to be honest friends with the people I grew up with, survived with. I miss them more than anything or anyone else.  

No comments:

Post a Comment