The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Hearts for inspiration

I wanted to do an extra post on the heart video that I did not have any examples for. I felt bad for not working one up for you for the second granny square. Since Valentine's Day is coming I will post some inspiration pictures on things you can do with crochet hearts plus the hearts I worked up for you. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I am happy to help when I can.

Pinterest inspiration = Pinspiration? No, You are completly right it does't quite work.
Pinned Image
Heart Garland

Pinned Image
Heart headband

Pinned Image
Heart Card

Pinned Image
Heart Bookmarks

Pinned Image
Heart Hair Pins

For our purposes we are using them to decorate a granny square or two or not. They are your hearts make them in your favorite color or make a key chian or if you are not a big heart fan feel free to skip it altogether. You can use a smaller crochet hook and you will get a small heart or you can use a bigger hook for a bigger heart (in case you really like the bobby pin idea and need little tiny hearts).  Do what makes you happy.

Here is the video again so that you do not have to go look for it.

To be honest this heart starts out a little wonky mostly because there is very little to hold on to but just keep going, pause the video so you can do your stitches with Bobwilson123 (I love her videos. A big Thank you to her for teaching us) take your time. I am sure that you are doing wonderful. Just perfect. Trust me.

I love two hearts in a square, like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun.
Honestly I put my hearts a little to close to the edge which is why the corners look a bit out of shape but I am confident that once I sew the squares together that it will look fine. So really if your squares look a little wonky not to worry they will be fine once we put them all together.


I hope that your day is filled with inspiration, love, and laughter. Be well my friends.






4 comments:

  1. That heart headband is so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! I am going to attempt a heart this weekend! I love the two hearts on your square......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hearts are super easy. I hope you have fun making them.

      Delete