The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

I discovered an easy recipe for Chocolate truffles on Allrecipes you can find the recipe and a video here http://allrecipes.com/recipe/easy-decadent-truffles/detail.aspx?src=VD_Summary. I did not follow the direction very well. The recipe said it made five dozen I made 36. My truffles are insanely big and very rich.

Easy Decadent Truffles
1 (8 ounce) packagecream cheese, softened
3 cupsconfectioners' sugar

3 cupssemisweet chocolate chips, melted (Dark chocolate chips, or milk chocolate chips)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla (or any other flavoring you like)
 
 

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until well blended. Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla until no streaks remain. Refrigerate for about 1 hour. Shape into 1 inch balls

Optional ideas
Roll truffles in ground walnuts (or any ground nuts), cocoa, coconut, confectioners' sugar, candy sprinkles, etc.
  • To flavor truffles with liqueurs or other flavorings, omit vanilla. Divide truffle mixture into thirds. Add 1 tablespoon liqueur (almond, coffee, orange) to each mixture; mix well.


  • For mine I did milk chocolate and vanilla extract, And Dark Chocolate and raspberry extract. Like I said mine are too big. Yes it is a little unbelievable that a chocolate ball can ever be to big but trust me half of one sends me into a sugar comma. It is very important not to be lazy and just use whatever little scoop is handy. They are wonderful and not filled with odd chemicals that I can not pronounce. I love Valentine's day candy and this is a great way to get my fix. I think next time I will make them smaller but add some nuts to some of them and use more flavoring so that there is a surprise waiting for me in every bite.
    On Second thought maybe I won't eat as many because they are so big!
    I think they look a bit rustic but you could make them look really professional and pretty if you like that sort of thing. You could roll them out and then dip them in more chocolate.  I waited until the last minute to make these.

    Heart shaped boxes for the my boys!


    Only three truffles fit in these hearts. I will do better next year!
    I hope your day is filled with inspiration, love, and laughter. Be well my friends.

    2 comments:

    1. I think they look delicious! And I absolutely love the heart boxes! Creative!

      ReplyDelete