The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Monday, February 18, 2013

I made a shirt!

I finally got around to making a scoop neck T-shirt from my Craftsy class sewing with knits. You can find some great classes here: http://www.craftsy.com/classes;jsessionid=2EBE08CD9FAC24447A73E344BA5D0B39.eagles.

The longest part of the shirt making process was putting the pattern together
From a stack of 28 pages to a pattern took me about 2 hours.

Then I laid out some Swedish tracing paper and traced out my size. This took about 30 minutes because I was being super careful. Normally I am a little sloppy.
I cut out the pattern
 
Then I laid it out on the fabric.

Then I started sewing

It is a sleeve! I was the most scared about the sleeves and the collar.
 
I made a huge mistake on the collar! I sewed inside out... Grrr. Epic Mistake! So I took my handy seem ripper and went to town. It took me ten minutes to sew the collar on and two hours to undo it. On the bright side I have learned to always check twice before I sew. I do not think I will ever forget.
 
I had to pin the collar so that I could even iron it!

I made a t-shirt!

I am going to lengthen it and make the next size up and then it will be perfect. I will let you know how the next version turns out. At least the pattern is already taped together!  
 

I hope that your day is filled with inspiration, love, and laughter. Be well my friends.


1 comment: