The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween

Another Halloween has come and gone. My husband loves to carve pumpkins with the boys so before we get to the costumes we start with pumpkins.


 Eew Gross pumpkin guts!

 My yellow kitchen also turns everyone and everything a strange yellow in the pumpkin lab.
 The boys are proud of their Dad's carving abilities.
 He looks like the Jack-O-Lantern
 Spooky! No not really but the kids had fun screaming and running away from them.
The boys looked up pictures of Jack-O-Lanterns and Rob drew them on and cut them out. It is more fun this way. Better then taping a pattern on and poking little hole to follow along.

This year the boys wanted to be a mummy and a ghost. Easy to make right? I looked up the mummy and watch many youtube videos and read many ways to wrap up a mummy. Well it is always easy to read about. It took me two hours to wrap my little mummy all the way up. With in five minutes it was coming unraveled. The videos never mentioned this! So I wrapped him up with packaging tape. And it held up almost to the end. When it did come unraveled it looked like a mummy coming undone. 

 I love how his face looked. I think it made the total costume.
 Angry eyes, scary eyes. I love his eyes
 The mummy and a little ghost.

The ghost costume caused problems because the ghost's eyes kept moving around. I tried to pin the material to the back of his shirt, I tried to tape it to his head, I tried to make him wear a hat and pinned the material to the hat. The tie was the only thing that even came close to staying on and keeping the face looking forward. Still all night I had to fix his costume every two steps.

Here you can see his beautiful big brown eyes.

Here if you look at the ghost instead of eyes you see a nose. He loved being a ghost. I think that both of them had a really great time and really that is all that matters. I can't wait to try to make next years costumes. Maybe I will not take for granted that it sounds easy. I have learned my lesson.


I hope you had a wonderful Halloween and that your week is filled with Love and Laughter. Be well my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment