The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Chaz-Updated

My dog has been found! The animal control center has him until Thursday. I guess it is state law that you spay and neuter your pets. I hoping that maybe his wondering days are over. Every other time he has been found and taken in and loved making new friends. This time he is in doggy jail and gets snipped. Even though I had to adopt him from the center (because it kind of scares me to go in front of a judge), I am happy to know he is safe and will be coming home soon. Thanks for reading my sad, sad doggy post earlier. Rob made it sound like it was a hopeless cause. Turns out that after three to five days in the shelter they will adopt the animals out or euthanize them. God does answer prayers! God is Good.

My dog, Chaz is missing. We have had him for eight years. He has been with me when Rob has been gone on deployments and TDY's. He sleeps in the boys room, which has always me sleep knowing he is with them. It is not the first time he has gotten out but this time he didn't have his collar on and he is very friendly and he'll come to any old name. It has been a running joke that you can call him anything as long as you call him. He is a very good dog and only barks when he wants back in the house or someone comes to the door. He got out on Sunday morning after we left for church. The door didn't latch all the way so out the front door he went. Rob feels terrible because he was the last person out of the house. Now it is Tuesday morning and it is starting to feel like he may not come home this time. My heart hurts at the idea. I can't stop crying. His collar is on his leash because he has a walking collar and we forgot to put it back on him after our walk Saturday night. One careless act that seems like no big deal can turn catastrophic. We got him when he was only a puppy, I picked him out of his litter when he was five days old. He laid next to me in the bed up until Damian was a year old. Then he wanted more space and wanted to be in the same room as the baby. He has been sleeping at the foot of James bed since we switched the boys to the twin beds. When ever I have been said he was always there with his head in my lap, or under my desk laying on my feet or laying under the table in between the boys hoping for a little leftover food. We got him July 2003 and Damian came August 2004, he was our practise "kid" because if we could train a dog we could have a baby. I miss him. I am worried about him. I keep praying that he will come home but what if he is the answer to someone else's prayer for a good dog.

I hope that you have a lovely week filled with love and laughter. Be well my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment