The Bartlett Family Adventure

The Bartlett Family Adventure is all about the moments that take my breath away as I grow in the glory of God, and live my life to the best of my ability while raising two rowdy boys. This blog is not just about me, it also includes stories of my family's daily adventures. We home school our boys, are trying to grow our fruits and vegetables, we are all on a journey to God, we are trying to live sustainably, and most importantly love the life we lead. Sometimes we stumble, but mostly I like to think we prevail. I am blogging to keep a sort of shared journal. Our life may be messy but it is perfect.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Planning a Holiday

Thanksgiving is around the corner and usually I am pouring over cookbooks, recipe sites for new ideas for a wonderful celebration meal. Thanksgiving has always been about celebrating our family and friends who often become family when you are as lucky as we are to be in the Military and far from any relatives. I love spending two or three days just baking, slicing, cooking, and roasting. I am not the only one who loves this, Rob loves to make the turkey each year, and the dressing. It is a warm family affair. This year we are going to My mother in laws too enjoy the holiday. My kids are super excited to see their Nana and ask him everyday what day we are leaving. They are making a list and asking me twice. Our we taking the dog? Me~Yes. Our we going to take the cat? Me~No. Mom, we need to get litter and more food so that Chole will be okay. Me~Okay. Mom should we make Thanksgiving Cookies for Nana? Me~If you want. Mom, should we pack our bags now? Me~No. These questions go on and on. They are excited to travel. They love getting to spend a few days with Nana and then they are happy to come home. I think that Thanksgiving question are all a secret cover up because they Know what Holiday is next on the list.

I also want to report on our Thanksgiving tree that my family is working on. I love asking what everyone is Thankful for. James is thankful for candy, cookies, cake, the cat, dinner(if it is good), and mom. Damian is Thankful for everyone he has ever met and will spend fifteen minutes listing everyone of them, he is also thankful for the same things as James. Rob is Thankful for his Wife, and good meals. I am Thankful for all the things mentioned (minus the wife plus a husband) and for all the little things that the rest of the family overlooked. To remind them that we have a lot to be Thankful for.

So here are some pictures of our tree so far.

I am not the best at tying bows but I like it all the same.

Well I tried to add a little color other than yellow.

I really like how this tree is turning out. I have twenty more leaves to add but they are hard to write on once they are tied to the tree.

I used pencil to write on the leaves. But if you squint a little you can see what James is Thankful for.

I love the ribbon. It has four word repeated on it so when it is tied it says things like Give Thanks, Family, Blessings, and Tradition. Which I think this tree will become.

My ceiling is a light green. I love the leaves. I miss having an Autumn show as the season changes.


I hope that your week is filled with love and laughter. Be well my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment